We take the privacy of your information very seriously. When we do need your personal information to provide services that you request or when you choose to provide us with your personal information, this policy describes how we collect and use your personal information.
We acquire and use your personal information in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679. This is to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations and fulfil our legitimate interests of promoting responsible lending & managing risk.
We collect information about you:
- As part of your loan application and during the term of the agreement.
- From you and from searches of Credit Reference Agency records relating to you, and from third parties e.g. credit brokers where you have provided information to them and consented for it to be passed on.
- This includes your name, address, PPSN, date of birth, contact details marital status, employment information, credit record, and records of your account. We only collect information that is relevant.
- If you do not provide us with your information we will not be able to lend to you.
- We do not collect any information when you browse our website. We do not log your IP address or cookies.
We may share your information with:
- Third parties to which we transfer, charge or assign your agreement or which manage your loan or provide services to us.
- Law enforcement agencies or regulatory bodies where we are required to do so by law.
- Credit Reference Agencies where we may report positive, delinquent and default data about your account(s) on a regular basis. This information may be supplied to other organisations that search your credit record.
- Note: When Credit Reference Agencies receive a search from us they place a search note on your credit file whether or not the application proceeds. Records remain on their files for up to 5 years after they are closed whether settled by you or defaulted.
We store your information:
- Within the European Economic Area (EEA).
- We may transfer your data outside the EEA but will ensure that before we do so, there is adequate protection in place to ensure the security of your data.
We keep your information:
- For as long as it is needed to manage your account and for at least 7 years afterwards unless a longer period is required by law.
- We may retain information for longer periods to fulfil our legitimate interest to manage our risk based on your account history.
We use your information to:
- Make credit decisions about you.
- Communicate with you by telephone, email, sms or post.
- Manage your account, make collections and debt tracing.
- Prevent fraud and money laundering.
- Report to Credit Reference and Fraud Prevention Agencies.
- Report to our regulator, the Central Bank of Ireland, where we are required to do so.
You have the right to:
- Access the information we hold about you.
- Ask us to change your information to make it accurate & up to date.
- Ask us to stop or limit our use of or to delete your information in certain circumstances.
- Receive your information in a format that suits you.
- Transfer your information to a third party.
- Be told which Credit Reference Agencies we have used and obtain a copy of your file from those Credit Reference Agencies.
If you have a question, want to exercise your rights, or make a complaint please contact our office (01 4534230) and ask for Data Protection. If we cannot resolve your complaint, you may contact the Data Protection Commissioner at 1890 252 231 or firstname.lastname@example.org.